Meet Amy Durham
- Certified Birth Doula (BAI)
- Certified Postpartum Doula (BAI)
- Newborn Care Specialist
- Advanced Breastfeeding Support for Birth-workers
- VBAC Doula Certification
- Comfort Touch: Massage for Doulas
- Acupressure for Birth Professionals Certification
- TENS for Labor Certified
- Hypno-Doula Certification (Hypnobirthing/Hypnobabies)
- Rebozo Certified
- Spinning Babies training (fetal and maternal positioning for an easier birth!)
- High Risk Labor Support training
- Emergency First Aid & CPR (Adult and Pediatric)
- B.S. Counseling Psychology
- A.A Child Development
Get to know me…
I was born and raised on the beaches of California and I now call Northern Virginia home. I am a mother to 4 fun loving children who teach me daily about the important things in life. I enjoy reading (one can never have too many books!), charming coffee shops, dark chocolate anything, gardening, and spending time with friends and family.
There are as many ways to give birth as there are women in the world, and there is no one right way. Whether you choosing to have an epidural during your birth, or are planning an unmedicated all-natural labor, I am here for THAT kind of birth!
I will respect your family’s preferences, communication styles and coping techniques in order to support you and provide individualized care. I want you to be able to look back, on your birth-day as one of the best days in your life!